Tokyo: Day Four

Would you believe it’s only 2.45pm and I have already had a nap?

After a broken sleep – there were sirens all morning and I had no idea what they were saying over the loud speakers, I tried to nap more but didn’t succeed. They could have been yelling to put our rubbish out or to evacuate – I wouldn’t know!

So! I made like the Japanese and took a nap in a public place. I had made it to SkyTree Town – the mall part that accompanies the 634m Sky Tree Tower. And I was stuffed. I could barely open my eyes so I simply sat down in one of the many rest areas, set my alarm for 30mins and closed my eyes!

To be honest I kind of had two naps. I read there was a Konica Minolta Planetarium here and was really keen to check it out. When I enquired it turns out you can only watch the movies in there in Japanese. After mucking around I bit I decided to check it out anyway. Glad I did! Chairs were super comfy and recline able and the planetarium was amazing. No idea what I watched but a few times I had to shut my eyes as it felt like I was in a simulator and I felt a bit ill. Convenient place to nap with noone knowing AND only 1000¥ or $10aud!

Waited in line to go up the tower for a bit but they kept stopping the lifts as it is so windy in Tokyo today and a safety issue. I really just wanted to see Mt Fuji and considering the weather it wasn’t gonna be possible.

For breakfast I stopped into a bakery (most delicious bakeries ever!) and had some kind of sweet bread with cheese, bacon and onion… At least that’s what it looked like.

I was after a snack & passed a Gyoza shop so jumped in and ordered a plate of 4. They come out an they are JUMBO Gyoza. Massive!!! I could hardly eat two but felt disrespectful so forced down a third.

Lunch consisted of tatoyaki – octopus balls. You add your own sauces which was great as I skipped the yucky bonito flakes try always put on them. Impatient as I am, I managed to burn, blister and peel the roof of my mouth before I even left the eatery. Must learn to wait for my food to cool down.

After that I felt dessert was needed so it was crepe time! Gem & I loved the crepes last time we were here and even with my lactose intolerance I somehow manage to do okay with them. Today’s pick was banana, fake cream and chocolate mmmm.

I took a train to Asakusa thinking I was meeting Seiji there but his meeting is going longer than we thought.
I had a wonder around the Ebu markets and visited the oldest Temple in Tokyo, Sensoji Temple. I happily ticked some gift items off in the markets and surrounding shops too.

Currently on a train to Shibuya where I will kill an hour people watching and shopping before meeting Seiji for dinner.

HOLY WOWSERS I LOVE SHIBUYA!! Such an awesome place! I went straight to Shibuya 109, a popular mall there and I could have bought nearly everything! Loved the place! Could hardly drag myself away to meet Seiji.

Glad I did though, he took me for a Japanese BBQ, and it was soo good! We had pork and beef – cooked by Seiji on our personal BBQ and a cabbage salad with a sesame dressing. Also had some cold ramen noodles that I was quite impressed with. Thank goodness I have Seiji to take me to the local places and order for me. I had some sakè but my rash popped up on my neck that I get from allergies so had to flag it.

We were gonna go to a ramen place but I was far too full. Instead we went for a walk around and retired early home as we have a big day tomorrow.

Today’s food
Dinner with Seiji
EVERYONE sleeps on the train in Japan
Temple seeing in Asakusa
Trying something new…
Tokyo Skytree


Shibuya 109

0 thoughts on “Tokyo: Day Four”

Leave a comment

Brisbane-based lifestyle and travel blog image featuring mountain and sea scenery

Want new blogs to your inbox?

Yeah you do!

Add your email to receive new blogs to your inbox. We promise not to spam.

You have Successfully Subscribed!