I’ve been super lazy with my blogging considering I have nothing else I have to do!
A week has passed in Canada already. I actually feel like I have been here longer than that.
With the sun setting at 10pm the days are long. So much time for activities!
So far I have…
– walked the entire edge of Stanley Park – 10km in all
– attempted to blade Stanley Park – a terrible decision
– got lost in the city
– met up with friends – Carso, Maegy, Chris and made some friends – Merica, Christina, Jackson and Toby.
– visited the aquarium
– watched the sunset on English Bay
– visited Granville Island Markets
– had a night out
– done some promo work for a nightclub
– had an interview with Steve Nash Fitness
– looked at an apartment I love
– eaten out a little too often
– got back to exercising regularly
Many activities. Most of my time is taken up walking and searching Craigslist. Looking for apartments and jobs.
I’ve found a few jobs I like so far that I have applied for in the digi world but competition is fierce here. I have been looking into some promo work to keep me occupied and make some friends.
I found an amazing apartment. It’s really nice and the chick who lives there is just lovely. Se teaches yoga and works in marketing. It has the most incredible views you’ve seen in your life. Right across the ocean to the mountains and over Stanley Park. But that’s because it’s on the 18th floor and I’m not sure if I want to live that high. I cant find anything else half as decent for the same rate or in West End. Decisions, decisions.
Suppose I better get up and into my activities!
0 thoughts on “Canada – one week in”
Wow ~ I’m impressed you did so much in just a week! Welcome to Vancouver!
There’s so much to see and do 🙂
Enjoy your time in Vancouver! There is, indeed, a lot to see, do and EAT 😉 I noticed on your blog post that you’re job hunting through Craigslist … T-Net (http://www.bctechnology.com) and Monster (http://www.monster.ca) are widely used in BC for job postings – particularly T-Net. Reading your blog posts makes me miss Vancouver. All the best on the job search.
Thanks for the heads up I will definitely check them out 😁