Queenstown – Stay, Eat, Play
I’ve visited Queenstown approx four times in the past twelve months. Pretty good considering I’d only been there once previously.
Queenstown is such a fantastic spot. From the picturesque scenery to wine tasting, to adventurous activities, and to world-class dining and accommodation, this holiday destination has it covered.
Here are my top picks of where to stay, eat and play.
Accommodation in Queenstown is key. The first consideration is whether or not you have a car. If you don’t, you’re going to want to be in the city centre. If you do, your options become more open.
- QT Hotel – Fab hotel, boutique feel. Rooms are fun and funky, fab views of the lake. The bar is great too, perfect for sundowners.
- M Gallery, St Moritz – I love this place. I stayed for a few days to brainstorm a new biz last year. Rooms are a bit luxe and have lovely small touches. My fave thing about staying was the nightly turndown service. Each night a maid would come in, turn down my duvet, put choc and water beside my bed with an inspiring quote, close my window and put on relaxing music. It was a nice cue to remember to wind down. The restaurant has a great wine list. I suggest joining the Accor Club if you travel regularly – they have great room and dining options.
- AirBnB – Perfect choice if you’re staying with a large group. We stayed at one a bit out of town with 4 rooms and 3 bathrooms for a girls’ weekend. Was fantastic.
You’re spoilt for choice in Queenstown. There’s so many great places to eat, I will struggle to list them all here. In fact, while compiling this, I’ce decided I will write a blog soon with more details on these delicious venues. Also of my favourite wineries to visit too.
- Botswana Butchery
- Blue Kanu
- Hikari Sushi
- King Made Noodles Queenstown
- Fergburger & Fergbakery
- Margo’s Mexican
Again, spoilt for choice.
- Alpine wine tour: Do you like your wine tours a little bit fancy? The amazing crew at Alpine Luxury Tours took us for a fab wine tour in a new Merc AMG around their fave vineyards. Skip the queues.
- Onsen Hot Pools – these are amazing. The ultimate in a relaxing, luxe day and of course, the obligatory insta pic!
- Trips out to Wanaka, Cadrona, Arrowtown and surrounds.
- Cheap activity deals – I came across this through the AirNZ website last year. I managed to find a fairly decent discount on a chopper tour!
- Helicopter Tour over the Remarkables – was amaazinggg! I got that on a deal from the above-mentioned website with The Helicopter Line. Around 200pp I think.
- Milford Sound day/overnight trip. Loved this. We drove ourselves out there rather than a tour. Make sure you stop at Mirror Lakes if you’re driving. Milford Sound Lodge is incredible if you can get in. And be sure to do a cruise!
- Forme Day Spa: A fab spot for a lovely massage or beauty treatment.
Please leave a comment if you have suggestions for my next trip to Queenstown to stay eat or play!